How do you like the Scotties?

My latest lovely little purchase for $8.  I was fascinated to see these soldiers piping their way back from the Trenches - I've not seen any postcards of the Scots in WW1.

I think it's a smashing picture!



"Our gallant Highlanders, who love to charge the enemy to the skirl of the pipes are fond of playing their national music in lighter mood, as seen in this picture."


France
29 December 16

Miss Pearl McIntyre
Rose Villa
Douglas P.O.
via Harrow
Victoria
Australia


Dear Pearl
How do you like the Scotties?
They look well in their kilts.  I have seen thousands of them marching here in France
Your loving cousin[?]
Reg





Douglas is but a blip on the landscape.





















©2013 Magna_Quies.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1:12 scale Genealogists study - part 2

Making connections - the s.s. Tainui Disaster

The murder of Emily KEELING
Auckland 1886